1) Dinosaur / carwash: did someone say dinosaur wash? Okay, probably not, but I couldn’t find a car.
- put some water and a bit of dishsoap in a bin
- have the kids get the bubbles going with their hands
- use sponges or brushes for cleaning
- find some items to be washed.
- use any leftover water for plants or garden.
- for bonus points, create a mud / dirt area to really get the things dirty beforehand!
3) Make your own shade: build a fort outside. Use sheets, lawn furniture (or whatever else is handy) and clothespins to hold it together. Maybe have a little meal in there!
4) Play pretend…restaurant: Put together a box of kitchen-related items – wooden spoons, plastic bowls and dishes, measuring cups – and see what the kids come up with. Customers might be stuffies, dinosaurs or parents!
5) Make up a scavenger hunt and then head out on a walk. It could be a “seeing” list – birds, ants, butterflies or a “collecting” list – 2 round rocks, a leaf on the ground, 3 pinecones. You could plan out ideas with your kids before the walk – “what do *you* think we’ll see on the walk?” Have fun with it!