The Hearing Clinic staff work with individual clients, professionals and agencies to identify children and eligible adults who are hard of hearing or deaf.
- FREE hearing testing for children aged 0-19 years of age
- Hearing aid fitting/dispensing when indicated
- Management and support of children with hearing loss
- Kindergarten hearing screening
- Universal newborn hearing screening, and follow-up when needed.
Some things to watch for with your child are:
- delayed speech, chronic ear infections (more than two per year), unusually attentive to softer sounds, loud voices, etc.
Note: routine monitoring includes a hearing screening at birth. For children with a family history of profound hearing loss, the next routine hearing test is at age three. However, if concerns arise about the child’s hearing before age three, he or she can be tested at any time.
Get In Touch
Contact: Megan Williams
Phone: 250-331-8526 or 1-877-370-8699, ext. 68284
Office hours are 8:30 - 4:30, Mon-Fri, by appointment.
Where It Happens
Courtenay Hearing Clinic