The toy library is a place where families and caregivers can borrow toys.
What are the benefits to borrowing toys?
- It saves money!
- It’s a good way to see if your child likes a toy before buying it.
- It helps cut down on clutter and storage issues.
- It’s good for the environment.
- It’s a chance to try different types of toys as your child grows.
- It’s an excellent rainy day strategy (bringing out something “new” to play with!)
Does it cost anything to join the toy library?
Memberships to the Comox Library Toy Library Society are $20/year. That fee can be waived, though, if your income is low. You can ask about this when you register. (You may be asked to produce your most recent Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment to verify eligibility or if your family has PLAY booklets from the Comox Valley Regional District Sports and Aquatic Centres, you can show these, instead.)
Where is the toy library? When is it open?
The toy library is located in the basement of St. George’s United Church (at the corner of 6th & Fitzgerald). It is open every Tuesday from 10-11 and the 1st Saturday of the month from 10-11.
When It’s Happening
Get In Touch
Where It Happens
St. George’s United Church